Author: ROUSSEV IVAN
The first telegraph station in Burgas was constructed in 1860. It connected Burgas to the cities of Sliven, Varna and Istanbul, as well as Ruse, Pazardzhik Hadzhiogli (today. C. Dobrich) and Provadia. After the establishment of the Danube province in the mid 1860s Black Sea ports, including Varna and Burgas, were included in the telegraph network of European Turkey. 
 Тонев, В. Българското Черноморие през Възраждането. Академично издателство „Проф. Марин Дринов“, София, 1995, с. 30.