Author: ROUSSEV IVAN
Burgas was linked to the interior by railway in consequence of the "Law for the construction of the railway section Yambol - Burgas", adopted by the Parliament of the Principality of Bulgaria on January 21, 1889. The construction was carried out for a short time. The line was officially opened for operation on May 14, 1890, when it reached the Burgas railway station. In 1893 the line was extended by digging a trench - an impressive tie to the then wooden quays of the port. In 1907, the railway section Sliven - Zimnitza was built, whereby the Burgas port was connected to the developed industrial center of Sliven. 
 Христов, А. Бургас. Юбилейна книга. [1878-1938]. Б., 1940, с. 85; Русев, И. Ролята на Бургаското пристанище и Бургас за развитието на търговията в Сливен през ХІХ в. – Архив за поселищни проучвания ІV, 1995, кн. 2, с. 32.