Author: ROUSSEV IVAN
The oldest custom house in the region of Burgas port was located in close proximity to its two major wooden quays –in the place next to the railway station where today there is a garden. It was a rickety building, like a house, with dimensions 20/12 m. This building certainly existed during the Crimean War (1853-1856 AD). It was subsequently damaged heavily by the sea and was rebuilt in 1885 by engineer Pashaleri in the same place and with similar dimensions, but as a solid building. New Bourgas customs existed until about 1920. 
 Карайотов, И., Ст. Райчевски, М. Иванов. История на Бургас. От древността до средата на XX в. Бургас, 2011, с. 141–143.